17.2.14

Fig and Hazelnut Smoothie

Hey all! It's been a REALLY long time since I've written a blog post, I know. I've been busy with Shuki and Louisa and a few other life things, but the figs in the backyard are starting to ripen and I was inspired to post this smoothie recipe I tried out today.


It's pretty simple, figs, hazelnut butter, honey, milk, yoghurt but it's absolutely lovely. A great thing to make if you've got a fig tree (or your neighbour has one) and you want to do something other than rip into a ripe fig straight off the tree. I've used hazelnut butter but whole hazelnuts or even walnuts would be great too. If you're using those, pulse them at the very beginning, before you add the ice.





Fig and Hazelnut Smoothie

5-6 ice blocks
3 ripe figs
3 tbs yoghurt
1/2 a cup of milk
1 tbs hazelnut butter(or a scant handful of whole hazelnuts)
1 tsp honey

In a blender, pulse the ice. Add the rest of the ingredients and blitz until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment